Friday, November 7, 2014

Of Leaves


As I step into my garden I to greet
The sounding feel of leaves below my feet
A quiet presence deep within
All calmed is the daunting din
From that mighty Oak tree ever strong and tall
This blanket of fallen leaves, gift of Fall
Amber, red, orange and colors of gold
Trees of Birch, Dogwood, mark time and a story told
Leaves alight and with winds do flee
Season of change this be Fall's decree
Warming sun, touched by the morning air
November's  gift this hour, sky so blue so fair
These gems of trees in colors bright
Behold the benediction of  Creation's light.

Rose Marie Raccioppi
Poet Laureate
Orangetown, New York


Photo: Collectible Clicks, Rose Marie Raccioppi, Credit: Bruno Monginoux.


A leaf, a gem, a crystal, a mineral... and so I ponder...

Could leaves be the very messengers that speak the language of rubies, emeralds, jade, citrine, peridot, tourmaline, malachite? These among the myriad of gems of Creation... All Above All Below... each leaf, each tree, to feed the Earth, to transform the Light into crowning jewels. 

A leaf, a gem, a crystal, a mineral... and so I ponder...

Photo: Collectible Clicks, Rose Marie Raccioppi, Credit: Bruno Monginoux.

2 comments:

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Yesterday I visited Crystals on the Rocks, Nyack, New York, and beheld the beauty of each crystal, each gem, each mineral... these gifts of time and Earth to adorn our very BEING... and as I walked outside I was adorned by fallen leaves ...

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

A yesterday, so too, this day present... such jewels and gems of Nature...